Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Apple Basket Cake

A few years ago I saw this great cake design that doubled as a centerpiece.


It was similar in design to this one in that it had two baskets with apples, leaves, acorns, and I think even a smiling green worm popping out from one of the apples.  In this particular case, the apples look more like red bell peppers that are old and melting, but you get the idea.

I wanted to make it a few years ago, but while I was planning the cake out in my head, my work sent me to Boston for the next seven months, hence I didn't get the chance to make it back then.  Last year just after Thanksgiving work sent me to Baltimore for three months.

I'm starting to think about this cake again, but its size makes it hard to make considering there's only about 10 people who show up for dinner in the family, and this kind of cake has at least 20 servings.  OK, so people could take home slices of cake, but let's face it - it's not Thanksgiving without loads of pies!

Sadly, this may be the cake that never gets made as I don't have a reason, but would love to! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment