Thursday, October 11, 2012

Challenge #2: Cowboy Cookies

Cowboy cookies aren't hard to make, but they're something I've wanted to make for awhile.  The recipe always seemed to fall in between the cracks for no particular reason.  I wanted to make this for my upcoming show, so I decided it was time to whip it up!

I started with this recipe I found on JoyofCooking.com and added some toasted coconut as well as chocolate chips. 


The batter really came out nice and smooth, not a heavy chunky one despite all the additions.  I think of this as an oatmeal raisin cookie with chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut thrown in.  When it was done mixing, I threw it in the fridge and let it cool off while I worked on something else.


I made a double batch, so I wound up with close to 90 cookies.  I say "close" because I ate a few, and dropped one on the floor.


I didn't put much in terms of chocolate chips; instead I sandwiched two cookies together with melted chocolate.


All that's left to do is to label these beauties...and sell, sell, sell them!  They weren't hard to make, but I didn't think they would be.  You should give these a try and see what your tastebuds think.

Happy Eats!    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment