Thursday, September 20, 2012

Here's to blogging!

I've been thinking about setting up a blog for quite some time, and the title was inspired  from a couple of sources.

Ever heard of the book "S***t my Dad Says"?  When I first heard about the book, I went to the author's website out of curiosity.  Turns out the stuff he posted sounded just like my Dad, which gave me plenty of cringe worthy moments as I relived a trip down "Oh God!!  Dad you did NOT just say what I think you said?!?"

The title also came from a conversation with my friend, Fred, who reminded me again of the book.  He asked me if I had considered baking crackers.  "Yeah, it's on my 'S**t I wanna cook someday' list."  Of course a blog bluntly called "S**t I wanna cook someday" doesn't sound appetizing, so I cleaned up the title.

The idea is still good - a list of things I want to get around to try my hand at and discover what I'm good at, and what I'd be better off buying at the grocery store.

I started doing something akin to this on Facebook, but people complained I was posting too much stuff, and when you post, people on your list get emails that you posted stuff.  Needless to say, it didn't go over well, so I wiped out all posts and abandoned the account, which is fine because I didn't like the idea of having to post because friends wanted to know what I was doing all the time.  Blogging, albeit, is different - you can post what you want, when you want, and in some respects, you don't necessarily know who's reading your blog - if anyone!  The other advantage to a blog is no one gets an email, resulting in their inbox being clogged up.  You blog for your own sake, and if it attracts an audience, that's great, too! 

So here's to blogging all things food!  Happy reading.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment